Choosing a nursery
When the time comes for parents to choose a nursery it can be a very stressful time as there are many factors that contribute to making the right decision. Some parents choose nurseries for different reasons and it’s always good for nurseries to be aware of what this reasons are.
Here are a few reasons why parents choose a nursery.
- Parents like to see and feel that nursery life is an extension of home, having a homely atmosphere can help an easy transition into nursery.
Are children happy
- When parents visit and see happy children this gives an indication that children are happy and content at nursery
Practitioners engaging with children
- Parents like to see that practitioners are engaging with the children and helping them to learn and develop.
- Some parents will decide on a nursery by word of mouth and recommendations such as an Ofsted report, therefore it is important to have an excellent reputation.
- The location of the nursery may be a deciding factor as some parents prefer ones nearer to home whereas others may decide on having their child nearer their work place.
The nursery envirnoment
- The nursery environment is important to parents as they like to know what their children will have access to for example is there an outdoor area equipped with resources to extend children’s learning.
- On a visit parents may like to know the qualifications of your practitioners in your team.
Parents gut feeling
- Parents may decide on the nursery if they have the feeling that it is the right place for their child