A 9-month-old baby sleeping in a pram has died from asphyxia after a cat sat on her face blocking her airways. The baby girl suffocated because she was unable to breathe, and she died.
This tragic accident took place in Ukraine, where Alexandra was left in her homes back yard by her mother. The mother was pottering about the house doing household jobs.
When the 22-year-old mother, Snezhana checked on Alexandra, she found one of the family pet cats sitting on her face.
The cat jumped off immediately when Snezhana came near, but Alexandra was not breathing, and an ambulance was called straight away.
It is thought that the cat was attracted to the smell of milk and the warm pram. The cat decided that inside the pram was where it wanted it to sit but tragically that was on Alexandra’s face.
The paramedic that attended later revealed that the baby was well dressed with her arms out and still warm when the paramedic arrived on the scene.
However, the baby was declared to be in a clinical death state. The entire emergency team tried to resuscitate Alexandra for 40 minutes to no avail.
The body of Alexandra was sent to forensic experts to have an autopsy, and they confirmed that the cause of death to be asphyxia and was a very unfortunate accident.
We send our condolences to the family.
Leave a Reply